need striker or whatever 40-081 is...

A home owner from Virginia says:
I bought a replacement inside storm door handle last month from you, # 40-150 and it fits nicely on my old door. Unfortunately the part it fits in (or rather latches to) on the door frame is not the correct kind so it won't latch. I am trying to find the dimensions to #40-081 and can't locate them. Can you send to me?
Thank you,
Jeanine
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Jeanine. The dimensions of the 40-081 are listed in the pictures on its shop page; if you click through them, you should see them. However, I don't believe this strike will work with the 40-150. Unfortunately there is not an available keeper for this latch. However, a common solution to getting an old keeper to work with the 40-150 is to 'shim' out either the keeper or handle so that we will meet up. See if this works for you. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at help@swisco.com.