need to replace glazing

A landlord from TX says:

I have a 1983 property with old aluminum single hung and sliding windows with badly deteriorated glazing. Could you please tell me what you offer that might replace what is in the attached photo? Ultimately does it really matter what the shape is if all of it is being replaced, and you find something that is the same dimensions?

Also, I watched your video on doing this and am a bit confused. It says to remove the glass and replace it. I assume this is only necessary in the event of it being broken right?

Does the window have to be out and flat? I can't remove the none moveable frames and they have to be done in place.

One last thing. Is any compound required with this material? It certainly looks to me like the beading that was on here originally had some kind of compound applied to the surface that contacts the glass.

Thank you! Erica
User submitted a photo of snap in glazing.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Erica. I hope I can help.

For the vinyl glazing, look at our 55-025 and see if this can work for you. You don't have to remove the glass if it's not broken. The sashes also don't have to be laying flat, it's just easier that way. You can use latex caulk or Phenoseal for the back bedding.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)