non-tilt balance

A quick learner from 20169 says:
Need to know what the replacement is for this non-tilt balance - width is a half inch and length of metal part id 22 inches. I can't find the anything on your website that looks like the top part. The stamping reads 2110.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0700.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0701.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0702.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0703.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0704.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! That top part is our 19-010, which is a non-standard fitting. We can supply you with this balance but we have to custom make it in our shop to accept that 19-010 before we ship it out. Would that be okay?

Before we do that, I just had a few more questions for you. To start, can you tell me how many you needed? Can you also confirm the depth of the bottom fitting? The diagram will show you what your two options are.

Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
Hi Tom,

1.) Customizing it is fine with me.
2.) I need 4 of them but will order 5 in case I mess one up during installation.
3.) The depth of the bottom fitting in 1"

Profile picture of Tom

Perfect, thanks so much for confirming. What I'll do now is email you a purchase link and price quote that will allow you to add 5 balances to your cart made to these specifications. If you wanted to make any changes, just let me know and I'd be happy to do so.

Tom,
I just realized that I need to replace another part. It looks to be a plastic fitting at the top of the channel in the window attached by a screw. I don't know what it is called. I am attaching pictures. Do you think that you may have these replacements parts? I would need 5 of them.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named File_002[1].jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named File_000[1].jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named File_001[1].jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Hello again! That would be the top sash guide; in your case, it is our 18-007. This is specifically designed to go with the 19-010 top fitting that we discussed.

Hi Tom,

Me again. The take out clips that I purchased don't seem to fit properly - they are too loose and don't stay in place. My windows are very old - maybe 1972 vintage. The frame is aluminum. The spacing of the two holes for the take out clip looks different than those I see in youtube videos. I've included a photo of the holes. Do you know if there is a different type of take out clip that I can use for this implementation and if so, do you carry them?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I actually don't believe this balance uses a take out clip like other windows do. Regarding the two square holes you show, the top is for the balance channel hook. I believe there is an indent at the top of the window channel that will unhook the balance.

How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.