patio door rollers

A quick learner from chester, nh says:
I'm trying to find out which rollers I need for my Norco Patio screen door. The door says jel-n-302 on it.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5350.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5349.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid I cannot identify your roller from this photo. Too much of it is obscured. I also couldn't find anything related to the code you got off the door.

Would it be possible to see a picture of your complete roller assembly out of the door? 

In the meantime, look at our 84-139. This is strictly a guess, but a little voice in the back of my head is telling me that this is what you want. I just can't be sure. It's at least a place to start until we can see more detailed photos. Let me know what you think!

A quick learner from chester, nh says:
thanks for your advice. I was trying to avoid removing it at this point as it is still in use. The one you suggested it might be is also the one I was thinking it was so at this point I might order it seeing how its the one we both thought it might be. thanks again for your help!

Joe
Profile picture of Tom

I totally understand, Joe. In fact, if you do have the 84-139 as we both suspect, then you can't remove the old one without breaking it anyway. The manufacturer didn't want you to replace these, for whatever reason. They're intended to be a "permanent" installation. 

That's obviously not realistic, and you can get them out, but it's not possible to do so without damaging it.

Either way, if you choose to try the 84-139 then please let us know if it works out. If it's not the right part, let me know and we'll work from there.

A quick learner from Wisconsin says:
I just received two roller assemblies 84-139 to fix my screen door. I was able to get one roller to release the springs but no matter which way I turn the second one it will not release. I also made sure the two tabs on the top were not holding it up. What is the trick?

Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom

The 84-139 roller is actually not designed to be removed. The manufacturer made it so once you put these in, they're in for good. That means the only way to get them out is to break them.

There's no real trick to that. I tend to just pry them out, which seems to work. You just have to be careful not to damage the door itself.

A quick learner from Wisconsin says:
Thanks for the reply but I am not trying to take the roller assembly out of the door. I am trying to make it adjustable so to speak. Right now the roller has no movement up and down and if assembled into the door, the door would drag on the frame. I have turned the gear and made sure the dimples at the top are not engaged but I can't seem to get it released and am afraid of snapping the plastic. Should it be turned one way or the other and can you go to far before something will break? Thanks for any help you can provide.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Reading over your description of the problem, it sounds like the roller could be hung up in the screen frame. Did you try to use some spray lubricant like a WD-40? That would be my first recommendation. I would not try to force the adjustment screw, but try turning it one way and then the other. Maybe that will free up the wheel.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.