peachtree s745-26 balance

A home owner from Florida says:

A couple weeks ago, i received from swisco4 balances. When installing today, 2 of the little plastic parts that insert into the top cracked when I was trying to pull them. Can you send me two replacements and also I would like to order some extras. I do not see those parts in your list.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Are you referring to our 16-027 terminal plug? I would also like to figure out why they broke. Can you go into more detail on how they broke? Was it during installation or after? Can you also tell me what stamp option it is you chose when ordering your balances?
A quick learner says:
During install, as I gripped it with my plyers (not very tightly). I needed to move it out of the way in order to grip the string thing with hemostat.
Yes, that is the part. Now, when I get replacement plugs, I just realized I do not know how to change out the cracked ones.

Paul
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
To replace a broken 16-027 balance terminal plug, you will need a table vise. Open the vise just enough to allow the cord to pass through. With pliers, pull out the cord and lock it in the vise to take the pressure off. Now you can replace the terminal plug. Hold on to the cord firmly when you release the vise, or else it will shoot back. These are under a lot of pressure, so you always have to be very careful when handling them.
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.