pivot lock shoe

A home owner from CT says:
I have old MW windows that need new pivot lock shoes and spiral balancers. The window has MFR Code: MW-1 and is a twin series double hung. The pivot lock shoe has the number 590CSB marked on it and has a navy blue cam with an opening that measures 0.235" x .344" (15/64" x 11/32"). The pivot lock shoe body is 1.25" wide, 2.25" inches tall and is 0.625" (5/8") thick. There are three slots on the top of the pivot lock shoe body to receive the spiral balance (the center 90 deg. slot is being used in my case).

The pivot bar on the window measures 0.180 tall and 0.315 wide (I did not measure the groove in the pivot bar and was not planning on replacing the pivot bars).

Can you tell me if you have a pivot lock shoe that matches the above? Thanks.

I am unable to remove the shoe at this point in time as I don't yet have the necessary tools to remove the spiral balance. All measurements were taken with calipers and are just as accurate as if the shoe was measured outside of the window channel.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220618_075438.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220618_075056.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220618_075048.jpg
I think your part number 15-118 may work but it seems 1/8" shorter and 1/16" thinner (this part number was remmoended to another customer with what appears to be the exact same pivot shoe I have). Would this be an issue, as the other customer (a homeowner from NC) did not reply as to the fit?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I don't believe this shoe is still available. We only sell one part with the same cam style as yours, which has two divots above and below to accommodate pegs on the pivot bar. That would be our 15-219.

However, I don't see any pegs on the pivot bar in your photos. I wonder if you could use the 15-047, which has the same dimensions as the old shoe and is designed to take a 3/16" x 5/16" pivot bar that is very close to your 15/16" x 11/32" dimensions. 

This may be worth considering but it's ultimately up to you. it's possible that your pivot bar does have the pegs that I mentioned and they're just not obvious in your photos. Take a look at these options and see what you think. Thank you!

Thanks Tom. I purchased 4 of the 15-047 pivot shoes and they worked fine.

Turns out the inner sash did not have the pegs on the pivot bar but the outer sash did. I ended up just grinding the pegs off and everything seems fine (I pulled and jostled the sash with the pegs ground off and it seems pretty solid, the modified pivot bar will not disengage the pivot shoes). What are the pegs for (to keep the sash engaged with the shoe) and why would one sash have them and the other not (unless parts were already replaced on these windows)?

I am tempted to try the other pivot shoe 15-219 but am wondering if the 3/32" difference in thickness would be an issue. Any thoughts? Maybe I'll just grind the pegs off the pivot bars when I encounter them.

I have up to 29 more windows to fix (after inspection to check for broken pivot shoes).
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

For replacement windows, some manufacturers used a pivot bar with wings or pins to lock the sash to the pivot shoe to draw the sash closer to the track for a tighter fit. Over time, the settlement and caulk have locked the frame and sashes together, so the pivot bars with pins aren't as necessary as they were when the windows were new. The 15-219 is thinner and we are not sure it will lock into the track to keep the top sash from slipping down.

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.