plastic frame insert to hold muntin bars

A quick learner says:
I am looking for replacements that will fit 1/2 inch wooden muntins for a picture window. If you have them with a round post, such as shelf holders have, that will work, as holes for them can be drilled into the wood framing of the window.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we don't have 1/2" grid clips. Take a look at our 55-141 and 55-142 and see if you can use one of these as a replacement. I cannot be sure they will work, but I don't think anything else in our inventory would be closer.
A quick learner from NEW JERSEY says:
Thank you for replying to my inquiry.

How do your 55-141 and 55-142 items work? It looks like the sharp end goes into the wood, and the round in simply pushes against the frame. If so, it seems it would cause a problem, as the gridded insert, with the pins in it, would now be bigger than the window frame.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
These retainer pins come in two parts. You have the sleeve, which is secured into the wood grid frame, and then you have the push pin itself, which goes into the sleeve while and the nail point goes into the window frame to mount the grid.

If you don't think either of those will work, the only other part I can think of is our 70-195. This is just a guess, I don't really know if it will work any better. Do you think this could operate as a grid pin?
55-141 : Window Grid Retainer Pin
Window Grid Retainer Pin
55-142 : Grid Retainer Pin
Grid Retainer Pin
70-195 : Window Screen Pin
Window Screen Pin
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at