recessed door handle

A quick learner from lady lake fl says:
I have a 6 1/2 spaced screws on recessed black door frame. I would like to have a handle instead of the recessed finger notch. do you have a handle that would fit where the recessed handle was? in black...high quality modern style? thanks, chris.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

I am assuming you might have a box handle set like the 82-002, but look it over to confirm. If so, you could adapt an inside pull like the 88-001, 88-002, or 88-009 to the door, but I am afraid there is no outside pull option for this style handle set. If you wanted to just replace the entire setup, it gets tricky. You'd need to find a way to cover the holes for the old handle set, then mount a surface-mount handle set like the 82-005 to the door. I can't guarantee this would work, but if you're up for it its the only other option. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)