removing old rollers from 30+ year old sliding glass door

A handy person from 33407 says:
doors are 30+ years 30. the rollers do not screw into the frame. how do i get them out of the door. I believe they snap in but not sure. this is the best picture i can get. i am afraid to pry them out of the frame in case i am wrong
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230225_133035[1].jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230225_133050[1].jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I believe that you will need to remove the bottom rail from the patio door to access your rollers. Your best bet would be to use a set of saw horses or a table to lay the door on while you work on it. There are screws that hold the frame together on the bottom sides of the door that you'll need to remove using a block of wood and a mallet to gently tap off the bottom rail of the door. Take your time since you don't want to damage the glass or the door frame. You might also want to consider enlisting a professional's help. See the related videos on this page for more information. Thank you. 

A handy person from 33407 says:
thanks for the response. i have enclosed extra pictures to determine the rollers i need. the rollers definitely DO NOT screw in. the picture with the 2 screws, 1 is for adjustment and the other is to take frame apart. since the rollers are not screwed in, how do i 'pop' them out? i i know i will need to unscrew the bottom frame with the rollers to get access to the rollers. i don't see how to pop them out. thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230302_105109.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230302_105144.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230302_105149.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230302_105239.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230302_105352.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I believe the square tip screw not only holds the frame together but also the sliding door roller assembly. You'll need to carefully lay your patio door on a table or saw horses to remove the two bottom square tip screws. With a block of wood and hammer, carefully knock off the door frame from the glass. Then you can see how the rollers are held in place. 

How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace the 81-013 and 81-014 Silverline patio door rollers
How to replace the 81-013 and 81-014 Silverline patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.