Replacement Spiral Balance ID

A handy person from Fountain Hills AZ says:
I have 6 windows that require the same part I am having trouble finding that part. Bottom part of window in 35" wide x 34" High. it is a sprial Balance there is a screw at the bottom and on the window and a screw at the top to hold balance. Do I have to remove window to replace balance.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Side Shot.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bottom sprial came through stop on bottom.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named looking at bottom.JPG
Profile picture of Manuela
Manuela from SWISCO responded:

I am confident we can help recommend a replacement spiral balance. In order for us to do so, we will need for you to remove the part entirely out of the window and send us more photos. We will also need to know the tube length and tube diameter of the balance. Thank you. 

A handy person from Fountain Hills AZ says:

the tube is .385 the length is 29 inches. all 6 windows have been retro-fitted to fit. at the end of the tubes is the color Green. the small pc that is attached to the small sprial rod is about 1/4 in width to attache to the underside of the window. there are more Pictures I can send Name is Lon. thanks

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9192.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named InkedIMG_9173_LI.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9189.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named small pc attached to window frame1.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to me. Can you double-check the diameter of the outer tube? I believe it should be about 3/8". These spiral balances have our 15-073 shoe attached. We can custom build them for you, but we need to know the length of the inner spiral rod. It should be 1" or 2" longer than the outer tube. This will tell us the base spiral balance you need. 

I am afraid we don't sell those L-Brackets that the shoes attach to. Finally, I am not certain when the nylon bits you show are; it's just too broken up to tell. Is there an undamaged version you can show us? From there, we'll do our best to narrow down what you need. Many thanks.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)