Can I purchase my operator's arm "glide" separately?

A handy person from Kilauea, Hi says:
I have Certainteed brand casement windows in my house on Kauai.

The plastic "glide" that is on the end of the operator "arm" has rusted off (the plastic glide is still in the track. Do I need to get the whole replacement part (39-282) or can I just get a replacement arm or glide?
A customer submitted photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, we will not be able to replace the glide, and you would have to purchase an entirely new operator.
A handy person from Kauai says:
the replacement arm that you have has a round "tab" at the end of the arm (that fits in the channel on the bottom of the window)....our arms have a square plastic tab (this is the part that broke off)...will your replacement arm work?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
To be honest, it will depend on what operator you have. I can't really tell from that picture, however; is it possible for you to remove the operator from the window and take a picture of it separately?
A quick learner from Kauai says:
here is a photo of the removed arm, (matches your replacement dimensions) and the removed track...the pointer shows the broken plastic tab
A customer submitted photo of a window operator and track.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for the images.

You will need the 39-282 ROTO Casement Operator and the 39-543, Window Operator Track.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)