replacement casement operator parts

A purchasing agent from Los Angeles says:

Regarding window openers,

We need 8 mechanisms. 4 that open left and 4 that open right. The stamp is 30905

We also need 14 crank handles. The stamp says 45001

We need 3 small track. Stamp says 40448

If it comes in only white that that is fine. If the crank is shaped differently, that is fine too.

Thank you,

Robin

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8118.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8119.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8120.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8121.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Robin. I'm pretty confident we can replace this. Now, yours is an older style that isn't made anymore, but I have a couple ideas of what you can do about that. I just wanted to pass these ideas along to my colleague Dave. He has a lot more practical experience with these than I do. Once we butt our heads together I'll get back to you ASAP and we can talk about our options.

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hey there! Tom Just caught me up with this. Now, we only have one operator pair that will replace this: our 39-317 and 39-318 (sold separately). These are a somewhat updated design, in terms of the shape of the base, but otherwise functions the same way.

There's one detail, however, that may prove to be a problem, and that's the size of the link arm. Ours are only 3-1/2"  long (from the center of the hole to the center of the rivet). Just eyeballing yours I can tell that its longer. 

So what can we do? Well, you have three options. The first is to try it out as-is. It very well may work without issue, but I have a feeling we won't be that lucky.

The second option is to remount the bracket in the sash. Do you see that triangular bracket at the end of the arm in your photos? That's what I'm talking about. You'd have to redrill new holes in the sash to mount it in such a way that it will compensate for the shorter arm. Your window won't open as far, but only by a couple inches. You shouldn't notice. Just be careful not to drill into the glass!

The third option is to swap the arms out. You'd put the old arm on the new operator. This is a little more complicated and takes more work, but let me know if you're interested and I can walk you through it.

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.