replacement door handle

A home owner from Calabash NC says:
Have 3 patio doors with same handles. One broke..the studs that hold the lock tumbler block shattered. Need a replacement tumbler or replacement handle to match other 2 doors. Local door shop said patent # on item indicated a Swisco part.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190830_144024.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190830_143958.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Take a look at our 82-073 or 82-074, depending on the thickness of your door. Look over the dimensions to confirm these could work for you. 

Can I just purchase the square piece with or without the lock since the blovk screws onto the handle with 2 screws and the lock with key screws onto the block with 1 screw?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190905_132753.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190905_132733.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190905_132726.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Hmm... if all you need is a key lock, you could potentially replace it with our 82-315. This should serve the same function as the original. I would just confirm that the installation hole center spacing matches ours at 1-7/8".

Bob,

Measuring with a small ruler the center to center hole spacing appears to be 1-3/4. Is this small difference a problem? If it is please recommend a replacement handle. We really seldom use the lock so a replacement handle without a lock will work. Need a set of handles - both sides The door thickness measures right around 1-1/2 inches
Profile picture of Bob

I can't see it being a problem. If it ends up preventing our lock from working, then your only other option would be to buy a complete new handle set like the two I recommended in my first post.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)