replacement door handle set - inside and outside

A quick learner from Twinsburg OH says:
Have a slider back door with the glass that says Herculite K ppg. This slider goes to the outside of the home to the driveway so need the replacement door handle set and outside lock. Can you help me with what I should order? I do not have pictures to send because the old handle was removed before we purchased the home just recently. I know the it's an old slider door but it's in very good condition other than the handle and the lock that needs replaced. Thank you , Kathleen
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Kathleen. I'm not sure if we can help without seeing the original handles. "Herculite K" is only the company that made the glass. They had nothing to do with the door itself. Can you show me a picture of the space where the handle was once installed? Can you also give me the spacing between the installation holes? Finally, check around the inside of the frame for a metallic "AAMA" sticker. If we can see that, we may be able to identify the manufacturer.
A quick learner from OHIO says:
I have attached a few pix but not sure if you can make much from these. Nice door but the previous owner drilled other holes to try to make a different handle work. We need a locking handle on the outside as well. There never was one there to begin with. hoping you can help me! Kathleen
User submitted image of their door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks Kathleen. We may be able to work with this, however we still need to know the distance between the installation holes. Tell me the distance between the two originals, rather than the ones the original owner made. Make sure to measure from the center of each hole, not their edges.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)