Replacement PMC drawer glides

A home owner from Garden Grove, CA 92845 says:

Our house was built in 1974 and we now need to replace the plastic drawer slides for all of our kitchen drawers.

These old ones are white in color, which does not seem to mean anything in the world of plastic slides.

The size we need is 5/16" x 13/16" opening. There are numbers that appear on the old ones that I am unable to cross reference to any other item. In one corner of the slide appears the number "159", directly above this, in the area you attache to the drawer, are the letters "PMC" and then the # "4" below that.

My husband has been to Home Depot, Lowe's and Ace Hardware, without any luck. We have also tried hard searching the internet.

I am hoping that you can help us out here.
User submitted photo of drawer glide, PMC # 4.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Good Afternoon,

Thanks for submitting your photo and posting on the discussion board. Real quick, is the "13/16" measurement a typo by any chance? We're trying to figure out if you meant "1 3/16" instead.

By taking a look at your photo, it appears the Swisco 32-031 Drawer Guide is the closest match online-- in appearance, that is. You will want to compare the measurements of your original to that of the 32-031 before considering it as a replacement.
A quick learner from Westminster (Near Garden Grove) says:
The initial inquiry meant the height and width space im your guide that the actual drawer rail will be occupying. There will be some margin in that slot, so his 5/16" slot height is correct his 13/16 inch width was slightly off- should by 1/16 of an inch- should be about 7/8 inch wide. Mine defective part is same. Also if you look at his picture you will see it is slightly elevated from the surface. That means it has those two horizontal guide/rests that touch the bottom of drawer. The part you recommended is not the part she seeks as its drawer rail width is too wide and is missing the guide/rests.

The 32-026 would be the part needed for that home owner (and me since we need the same part- Garden Grove and Westminster are neighbor cities with similar hardware/construction in 1970s) Any part thickness (mine is ~ 3/8 inch thick at thickest top point, which is close enough to your 5/16 thickness) or part width (mine is 2 1/2 inches wide, with a rectangular 4-hole pattern identical to above image) where 320-026 is a bit shorter at 2 1/4 inch with a better hole pattern for alignment.
A home owner from Venice, CA says:
Needed to replace some top mounted, rear, center guides, they had worn out. Only reference number was "PMC" and a number 4 with 3 screw holes.

Quick measurement with the calipers showed that 32-026 was close. Note, when you measure, your existing guide can easily be 1/4" off from wear,(1/8" on either side).

Guides are installed and fit great.

User submitted photos of drawer guides.
A home owner from Venice, CA says:
Upon closer inspection, the "PMC" 4 closest replacement is the 32-030, but the 32-026 can work.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)