replacement latches

A home owner from Charlotte, NC says:
Hi

I have looked for these at Lowe's and they do not carry this size. I am hoping you will be able to help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window latch 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window latch 2.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Start by considering our 26-314. Look over the dimensions and see if you think this matches what you need.

Not quite. The section labeled 2 9/16 on your diagram is only 2 1/2. What you have labeled 29/32 is actually only 1/2" on mine. The 1 3/8 center to center appears to be correct. Please advise.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

The overall length of the tilt latch is not actually that important. What matters most is the hole spacing (which matches), as well as the distance between the center of the front mounting hole and the edge from which the locking tooth protrudes. Now, we list that at 29/32" for this tilt latch. You say the 29/32" dimension doesn't match, but that's also what we list for the 'width' of the tilt latch body. This dimension also actually isn't that important compared to the hole spacing. If you were referring to that width instead, check the distance between the front hole and the edge of the latch. If it's 29/32", and the hole spacing is indeed 1-3/8", then I am confident the 26-314 is still our best bet for you. In any event, we have no other tilt latches with that hole spacing. Let me know what you think. 

Let's try it. Do I need to call you to place the order?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

You can place an order directly on our site at your convenience. There's no need to call in.

Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.