replacement quick-tilt springs

A handy person from Tulsa, OK says:
I thought I had ordered the correct replacement part (S140-4 : 4 lb Series 140 Quick-Tilt, Single) but clearly it is not the same. However, this new part seems to be much better constructed than the original part, which is made of extremely thin and flimsy plastic that has split apart.

What I am considering is installing the new left and right Quick-Tilt parts into the sash with a screw in the center to hold the top section in place. Do you think this will work? If not, do you have a replacement that will work that I can exchange it for?

The only identifying mark on the old part is patent #5,353,548. The metal spring has "8 GD" stamped on it.

Thank you!
Gary
coil housing
A handy person from Tulsa, OK says:
What I thought was a meaningless blue "CC:" mark when viewed horizontally, I now realize is an "8". OK, so I must have a 8lb springs for the lower window.

So now I really do need to arrange for a return and a replacement, if you have something that will fit.

Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We sure do! I recommend our 15-087 pivot shoe and Series 180 coil spring. These look very much like what you have now. If the spring on each side supports 8 pounds, your sash would be 16 pounds altogether. You may want to weigh it to double check.
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.