replacement window balancer

A handy person from Danville, California says:
I'm trying to find the correct window balancer to replace one that broke. It is 14" and the only stamp on the side says "13 2 CO CALDWELL" (could possibly be CD). Pictures of both ends are also attached. I tried to select the correct part myself but I could not identify the subtle differences in some of the end pieces that had different part #s.
Thank you,
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, thanks for posting. I've narrowed this down to two possible channel balance Series: either our Series 380 or our Series 385.

Now, as you can see, the only difference between these two Series is their bottom shoe. The Series 380 uses the 15-005 while the Series 385 uses the 15-004. I can't quite tell what you have based on your pictures, though. Please carefully compare their dimensions to your own hardware and see which is a better match.
15-004 and 15-005
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)