replacement wool pile weatherstripping

A quick learner from USA says:
I ordered some replacement wool pile weatherstripping for a set of commercial double doors, but ordered the wrong size. I measured the slot that the backing fits in to and it is approx 5/8" wide. The thickness of the wool pile seems to be around 1/4". The doors are Tubelite aluminum and probably at least 30-40 years old. It won't do any good to send a sample of the weatherstripping that is in there now because its not the right size either. Can you make a suggestion for the correct product I should order?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I have seen some commercial doors with a 1/2" wide backing, but never with a 5/8" backing. That being said the widest we carry is the 7/16" wide 58-050. Could you possibly use this?

These wider-backed weatherstrips are becoming harder and harder to find. Door companies are now going with a more standard backing. I suggest that you try a local locksmith and see if they have some type of screw-on weather strip. Also ask them if they can source out the 5/8" backing you need.
A quick learner says:
I've already reordered some of the 7/16 to give that a try. I'm thinking maybe some double face 3M adhesive strips in a couple of spots may keep it from sliding down the track. Thanks for your help.

Greg
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.