replacing lanai door pushbutton latch 0242-1

A home owner from Jax, FL says:
Hi,
Do you know if the 40-033 will replace my pushbutton latch pictured here? I tried a simple ACE replacement, but it was too think and the strike was a normal door strike, instead of this one which pushed against that bar.
Thanks!
User submitted a photo of a screen door handle.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It's hard to say without more detailed dimensions. If the screw holes are 1-3/4" apart, center-to-center, then it may be a good place to start. Let me know if they differ in any way.
A handy person from West Palm Beach, FL says:
Did the latch 40-033 work to replace the latch 0242-1?
A quick learner from FL says:
Did the latch 40-033 work to replace the latch 0242-1?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid we never heard back from the original customer. The best thing to do would be to compare the dimensions with your old latch to see if they do indeed match up. That would be an indicator that the 40-033 might work for you. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.