Need replacement balances

A contractor from Los angeles says:

I need to replace both spiral and channel balance. spiral are 9/16" ,Top sash spring is 19" , bottom spring is 34-7/8".

I have a total of 6 double hung widows to replace balances and all attachments associated with them. The Channel balances are 24-3/4" and 43" for a total of 14 double hung windows.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1548.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1553.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1563.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1565.JPG
additional pictures of the ribbed sash balances
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1563.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1567.JPG
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us. For the 9/16" diameter spiral balances, I recommend our S600-19 and S600-35. The pivot shoe these attach to are no longer made but I think you can use either our 15-046 (1/2" thick) or 15-118 (9/16" thick) depending on size. You may also find our 75-006 charging tool helpful.

For the channel balance, I recommend our S751-25 channel balance for the first one, but the second one may need to be custom made. Before we can go further, can you tell me the exact weight of the sash? Can you also tell me how many you need?

A quick learner from Los Angeles says:

I need 6 pairs of the small spiral springs(15lb)

6 pairs of the larger spirals (30lb)

14 pairs of the longer channel balance (42lb)

14 pairs of smaller channel balance (22lb)

Not sure of the pivot shoe size so price it as both and ill work it out when they get here.

I also would like 28 of the double plastic channels (3-3/6" wide and 81" long. the ones installed now are on a clip system.

I also need the attachments that screw to the sash that fit the balances

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks! I will email you a special order link right now for the 28 43" long balances you need. The other balances are standard, stock items to which I linked in my original post.

I'm afraid we don't sell the double plastic channels. These are known as a jamb liner, which we cannot supply. I recommend contacting the original window manufacturer for those.

You also mention you need the attachments that screw to the sash that fit the balances, but that could describe just about anything. Could you show me a picture for reference?

Tom,

The link seems to have already expired on the custom balances?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I just checked the link and it has not expired. I only sent it two days ago, these don't expire until after two weeks. I would check again.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)