screen door roller...

A quick learner from Carmel, CA says:
Can you tell me which Swisco screen door roller will replace the one in this photo?
User submitted a photo of a patio screen door roller.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I think our 84-002 is a possibility. Please look it over and let me know if you agree.
A quick learner from Carmel Ca says:
Yes the 84-002 looks like it will work. A question on the screw that goes through the frame and holds the roller on. Is that also an adjustment screw or is it meant to be just screwed down tight? If it is an adjust meant screw then do I adjust it so the sliding screen is floating up off the track or how?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The 84-504 acts as both an adjustment screw and a fastening screw for the 84-002 roller. The screw goes through a hole in the door frame and attaches to the screw flange on the roller housing. The screw should float through the hole in the screen frame, but if it doesn't then you will need to take an awl and open up the hole a little. This normally happens when the door is re-screened and the screen spline gets in the way. As you tighten the screw on the bottom rollers you will raise up the door. The top rollers are to keep tension on the door to keep it from popping of the track.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)