screen latch insert

A handy person from Huntsville, AL says:
the screen latch engages into a plastic insert (approx. a half inch long and a half inch deep) that is pressed into a slot milled in the sash. Do you know the correct name for that insert, and do you stock it or know where I can purchase it?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Could I see a picture of your screen and the clip in question? This will help us identify the part you need.
A handy person from Huntsville AL says:
I happened to stumble across the item in an unrelated search. It is a screen strike for a casement window (item 5 in the attached image).
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! We have found a possible replacement for this keeper and will let you know as soon as it becomes available to purchase.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Alright, please see new SWISCO product code 70-224, Pella Screen Strike, and let me know if this can work for you as a replacement!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)