screws for 39-025 awning crank operator

A quick learner from Voorhees, NJ says:
I have a awning crank operator that has machine screws that aren't doing a very good job of holding the crank securely against the window. Seems like the window's holes are a little to large and there's nothing for the screw to grip onto. I removed a screw from a neighboring window crank, and it was the same type of screw. It was 1/2 " long and I measured .18 " in diameter.

What are the proper screw to use? I noticed there were 3/8 pan head screws on the product page, but I wasn't sure if it was meant to be used for the crank assembly.

Thanks for your time,

Peter
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Peter. The 33-081 #10 screw is what we usually use to install this operator. It's possible that the holes ni your window are a little stripped out. Using a larger screw may fix the issue for you.

A quick learner from Voorhees, NJ says:
Thanks Tom, that's just what I needed.
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.