self-closing hinge circa 1984

A handy person from Bradenton, FL says:
Hi,
It appears that mine is 2 inches wide compared to what I'm seeing in online stores that are smaller. The three attachment holes that screw into the door are set further from the hinge than others I've seen. I don't want to have to drill new holes in the 20 some cabinet doors where I'm replacing these hinges. Although the one in the photo looks OK, most others are rusted and ready to break. The inscription that is stamped states: PAT 3.391.420.US. Any ideas about where to get hinges that are this dimension? Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named hinge-1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named hinge-2.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

This resembles our 32-101, but as you likely already sussed out, it too has a smaller mounting plate than yours. Unfortunately, finding your version is next to impossible. A while ago, the manufacturer of these hinges moved their plant from Japan to China. When they did this, they for whatever reason changed the molding as well, resulting in these hinges with different dimensions. We've had no luck ever finding the older version. I am afraid you may need to drill new holes to accommodate this model. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.