similar to 26-351 but with a flange on the side

A handy person from Matthews, NC says:
I am trying to replace a couple latches on some of my windows. I do not know the manufacturer on my window. Mine looks exactly like the photo you have on the website for product 26-351, EXCEPT mine has a small flare out flange (not sure what to call it) that is at the end of the latch near the edge of the window and faces towards the outside. It measures approximately 9/16" long (but has a curve on it) x 3/16" wide. I am not sure why this "flange" is even on here and if even matters whether or not it needs to be on there or not. Do you know? Thanks.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
It sounds like you are describing SWISCO product code 26-157 and 26-158, LH and RH Better-Bilt Tilt Latches.

If this is not what you are looking for please send us pictures.
A quick learner says:
No it is not 26-157 and/or 26-158. It looks closer to 26-351 than that one. I will send photos now to the website you said.
Customer image of their broken window latch
A handy person from Matthews, NC says:
Donna, Did you get me email message with photos that I sent yesterday. What do you think? I would like to order today if you think 26-351 without the "flange" can replace mine. Thanks.
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
It is hard to tell by the photos, do the measurements of your broken latch match up to the 26-351? If the measurements do match up, the 26-351 may work for you even without the flange. The flange I believe is more of a guide for the window.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at