single bar hinge set, need replacement

A home owner from 19342 says:

I have seven paradigm windows. They were installed in 2006. C-Lc60-24x48 Original Owner

5 open on one side, 2 on the other. Series 8351.

The bottom hinge arm is rusting. Is it possible to purchase a single arm hinge set for these windows. the hinge arm is 10" long.

thank you!

Jerome

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Jerome. I'm not sure exactly what it is you have, but it sounds like a casement window hinge. Could you use our 36-004-10? This is a stainless steel hinge set that can be used on many different casement windows. The video below will show you how.

If that's not a match, then we will need a picture of the original  hinge so that we can find you a good replacement.

A home owner from 19342 says:
Hi Tom,
Many thanks for getting back to me. Much appreciated.
I attach a couple of photos of the hinge. It is a single arm. The arm itself has a couple of rust spots. The arm is 10 inches in length. The silver attachment is 13 inches.
What do you think?
Jerome
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named P5010001.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named P5010002.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named P5010003.JPG
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for these photos, Jerome. I think this might be a double arm hinge. The reason I say that is because I see a black slider piece on the left side of the track. It appears to be riveted to something, presumably a second arm that runs under the bottom length of the sash. You may want to confirm.

If so, then I recommend our 36-004-14. This is based on the bottom track being 13" long; we don't carry that size anymore, but the 14" version should still work as long as you replace the top and bottom at the same time.

A contractor from NH says:
I have this same window and the hinges are also rusty. Do you still recommend the same 14" hinge set as replacement?

Thank you!
Cynthia
Profile picture of Tom

As long as your base track is the same size, then that would still be our top suggestion, yes. Your next step should be to measure the base track on your old hinge to ensure that it's the same size. If not, we offer other options, so I'd be happy to find something better suited for your application.

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.