sliding door lock

A home owner from Minneapolis says:
I need to replace broken lock on a wood sliding glass door. I purchased a lock from Home Depot, but it did not work. It appears that the lock only pokes out 1" on the Home Depot lock, whereas the old lock protruded out 1-5/8". Thus, the Home Depot lock is too "short". I found on your website a (82-035)patio sliding glass door handle for doors 1-5/8" thick with a thumb latch. My question is: does the 1-5/8" thick refer to how far the lock goes into the hole? If not, what is this measurement referred to as and do you sell such a lock?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
1-5/8" thickness refers to the actual door thickness. We use that measurement to know if you're using the correct handle replacement.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)