spiral balances

A handy person from new jersey says:

tube is 25" long, 9/16" dia.
want to try replacement on a sample window, and if successful, will repair the rest of them. about a dozen,,

pics of bottom, top of balance and window..window ~36"x48"

Thank you for any help you can give..

thank you very much,

User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Glenn! I'm confident we can help. You have an old balance for an old wood window. We usually recommend our Series 500 spiral balance as a repair part. You will also need a new bracket like our 17-007 to install at the bottom of the sash, and a tool like our 75-004 if you don't have one already. Look this hardware over and let me know what you think!
A quick learner says:
thx Paul,
I ordered the parts and will give it a try,

appreciate the help,

best regards,

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)