storm door latch the one I got didn't work

A home owner from Parma, Ohio says:

We have old triple track Windows in our storm doors and the slide bolts are going. The one window has none left. Here is what is left of the last one that broke off. The silver one I purchased from Swisco (I bought 91-082 and 91-081) but it is just a bit too wide. I have no idea who manufactured the door as it was here when I moved in. Please help.

Karen

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20191115_213355.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Karen. Sorry to hear that the 91-081 and 91-082 didn't work for you; to be honest, these are what we would typically recommend for your old storm window latches. The only other option here is to give us exact measurements of your old latches, and we'll see if something else matches on our storm window latch page here. Let us know what you think. 

A home owner from Parma, Ohio says:
After I emailed you, I read some replies to others with the same issue as us. It seems that sanding down the long side of the bolt should work. I showed it to my son and he agreed. I will let you know how that works.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Sounds great. We will be here.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)