tension tool needed for spiral balance

A home owner from ocean city nj says:
Hello, I have Patriot tilt-in windows, that indicate on the frame 92 which I take it means they were made in 1992. I need a "spiral balance tension tool". Can you tell me which exactly which tool to purchase that will help me open my windows more smoothly?
Thank you
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
We have two tools that will work for tensioning the spiral balances in your tilt-in windows. The regular duty tool is 75-006 and the heavy duty is 75-033. Since you only need the tool for the windows in your home the 75-006 would be a good choice. The other tool, 75-033 is really for contractors that need to use the tool daily.

If your windows are from 1992, most likely the spiral balances need to be replaced. Increasing the tension may not work because the balances are worn out.

Replacing the spiral balances is very easy. Start here in our spiral balance catalog section to figure out which replacement spiral balance series you need. If you need help feel free to ask your questions here in this discussion.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at help@swisco.com.