tilt latch screws

A quick learner from united states says:
I need to change a customer's out of production internal tilt latches to surface mount. I'm purchasing a 26-120 and a 26-121 and need to find out what screws are recommended to install these.

Thank you
Robert
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Robert. It's difficult to say what screws you need, as this depends as much on the window sash as it does the tilt latches. You could go with our 33-300 Assorted Screw Pack to see if you find a good match, but otherwise you may be better off contacting your nearest hardware store to consult about what's best for the sash. Keep in mind, whenever installing these tilt latches that it's important not to drill too deep, as to not risk damaging the sash or glass! 

A quick learner from united states says:

Thanks for your answer but on your website there's a video showing how to replace an internal with a surface mounted tilt latch 26-228. What screws did he use in your video?

Thanks

Robert

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Robert. I'm honestly not sure what screws our field team used in that video; but even if I could tell you, they still might not be the right ones for your window sash. Again, this is going to depend on the exact construction of the sash, including details such as the space between the frame and glass.Again, why I think you might be best contacting a local hardware store for direct assistance. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you, and for any inconvenience. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)