track cap

A quick learner from Fla and NY says:

I have a damaged track in my fla home. I didn't realize I had a pic, but I do. Sorry to have the lizard in the shot. Can you tell by looking at the pic which cover will work if either? It appears as though the door rides directly on the track (grooved with roller). Any suggestions?
user submitted photo of damaged track
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

We do offer some track covers, like the Swisco 80-103 Sliding Door Track Cover and the 80-100 Track Cover. To install these, you'll have to remove the door and snap the cover over the existing track. Gather a the width and height of your track and compare it to the dimensions of the track covers listed online.
A quick learner says:
right, but my question is, with the way the door is groved to receive the track, will this application work? In other words, is the cap small enough to allow the door to sit on top of it? the "v" shaped cap would work, but it appears to be a fairly shallow and the 9/16" that is required
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
In my past experiences, I would just compare the height of the track to the height of the track cover (cap). If your track is a little taller than most, you may want to use the 80-100, 9/16". Otherwise, look into using the 80-103, 1/4".
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at