track replacement 80-102

A home owner from concord nc says:
? on your part # 80-102 how flexable or inflexable is this track replacement. My track is pretty worn out, but the first 3 or 4 inches of track where the track wheel rides has a worn dip of at least an 1/8 to 3/16" lower than the untouched part of the track. so the ? is will this replacement track stay straight and level or is it going to bend into the dip of the old track. next item replacement rollers my door uses a prime - line roller part # D-1603 witch is a metal roller wheel, do you know of a part # that will fit but maybe have a coated metal wheel with either plastic or nylon that would quiet and smooth-out the door. 3rd ? can you suggest a stronger glue other that silcone maybe some permatex product. thanks r.buell
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
You may want to consider using a higher track cover - take a look at the Swisco 80-100 8' Sliding Door Track Cover, Large.
A home owner from concord , NC says:
Dave, question for you. If I have a track style that would normaly use a # 80-102 to repare, but it is badly worn you suggested to use the 80-100 instead- but the question is the top of the track width on the 80-100 is it as wide as the 80-102 so I can be sure the roller will have the same suface area to roll on. Also is your 81-005 the same part as the prime-line D-1603 it does look the same but want to be sure. Thanks
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
We took a look at the D1603, and the Swisco 81-005 Sliding Door Roller looks like the equivalent.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)