vinyl window balance

A handy person from Coatesville, PA says:
The mechanism that holds my window at a given level has broken. The piece that I need is plastic and it holds the round metal "spool-like" piece that holds the metal shaft from the window.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Sounds like you need a new pivot shoe. See our 15-155 for a possible match. There are some things you need to keep in mind though.

I think you have an old Simonton window. On some of these, our 15-155 is not a direct replacement. You might have to reuse their old center metal cam in the new 15-155 housing. The metal cams slip out of the nylon housing so they're easy to swap out. If you also need the tilt bar and coil spring, see our 26-336 and Series 170 respectively. There's no need to replace this hardware if they are undamaged, though.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)