vinyl window balance

A home owner from Tolono IL. 61880 says:
I'm looking for a balance for a vinyl window unit. I was told it is a Atrium window. I can't find anything for them. If you could please help I would appreciate it. It looks like a S860-28. yours shows 2 strings and mine shows only 1. The only numbers I can find are the patten #'s. #5737877
User submitted photo of window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It's a bit difficult to determine whether or not the Series 860 is the correct replacement without seeing the rest of the balance.

The two strings you see on our photo is actually one like yours; the balances work on a pulley system.
A quick learner from Tolono IL. says:
I don't know if this helps but I will send a couple more pics.
User submitted photos of balance pieces.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Yes, this does look like the Swisco Series 860 Block and Tackle Rod Balance, which has one cord. You may be seeing two because it is wrapped around the plastic fitting in the center.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)