weather stipping solution for concealed-casement greenhouse roof panel

A handy person from Seattle, WA says:

Hello

I am looking for two types of snug weather stipping for a greenhouse roof paneling that opens and closes like a door except vertically as shown in the example photo I found on google (attached),"roof-panel-example- concealed-casement.jpg". My goal is to keep as much warm air in the greenhouse as possible, and general all-season protection against drafts, moisture, dust and insects. I am hoping to find something we can install with screws or fasteners instead of adhesive if possible. I attached the actual photos of my structure where will see the two different gaps we are trying to address ( don't mind the chicken wire this will all be enclosed with plastic sheeting when finished) "door-panel- bottom-threshold--2 .jpg", "ROOF-PANEL - RAFTER-GAP--2.jpg", "20200416_171347.jpg", "20200416_171517_Burst01 (1).jpg". Gap measurements: 1/4" - 3/8" Roof Panel Wood board Measurements ( if needed ):

horizontal base board : 1.5" x 1.5 x 96" * 2

vertical rafter panel side board(s) :1.5"x1.5"x48" * 6

Looking forward!

Thank you for your help,

Katie

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named roof-panel-example- concealed-casement.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named door-panel- bottom--2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named ROOF-PANEL - RAFTER-GAP-2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200416_171347.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200416_171517_Burst01 (1).jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us, Katie. This is a very interesting project. Of all the weatherstripping we carry, there's only one that comes to mind as suitable for what you're trying to do: our 58-169. This has a long flange that is intended to be installed on wood doors with nails, but you could also use staples or screws if necessary. Look it over and see if you think this would work for your greenhouse hatch.

Profile diagram of 58-169
Profile diagram of 58-169
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.