weatherstripping for anderson narrowline sliders

A home owner from durham nc says:
I have several vinyl clad sliders at my second home in Avon NC. One of them is missing the the "wood pile" weatherstipping at the bottom of the slider. It seals the bottom slider from weather when the door is closed. The channel it sits in measures 9/32 inches. Not sure about the depth maybe 3/32 inch. Do you know the replacement part number for this? I went online and I can buy the wool pile from other sources but they may not be exactly what I need
thanks
Jonathan
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting on our discussion board, Jonathan. Before I can offer an applicable substitute, I need just a bit more information.

If at all possible, can you please provide me with the year of your doors, and their manufacturer? Can you also let me know the size of the visible glass (width x height)? Finally, what color weatherstripping do you want, and what size do you need?
A handy person from durham nc says:
Its an Anderson model FWG5068R. year 1997
glass is 21 2 1/8 x 63 1/8. I have heard the weatherstipping called the bottom rail weatherstipping
thanks
A home owner from durham says:
it looks just like your product code 58-128 wool pile. I just wasn't exactly sure of the size so that is why I asked the original question. I am sure of the 9/32 size. I am not sure how thick the wool pile should be. also mine does not have a fin seal rumming down the center.
Jonathan
Thank you for your patience in this matter. Unfortunately, I don't believe we have an exact replacement for your wool pile. Please take a look at our 58-004, 58-045, and of course the 58-128 wool piles. I think these may be close to what you need, but I can't know for sure. I apologize for the inconvenience.
A quick learner from durham nc says:
thanks
last question- how do you keep the wool pile strip from coming out of the track as the door slides.
thanks
Jonathan
If the wool-pile fits in the groove snugly, it will not slide out as the door moves.
After further research, we have discovered that the 58-126 fits into the Andersen bottom door sweep very well.
A handy person from durham nc says:
GREAT
thanks for the help
Jonathan
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.