what replacement balances do I order

A handy person from Tualatin, Oregon says:
I need new balances for a window, the pulleys are worn badly and the cord hangs up popping the balances out. I'm not sure what to order to replace them.

current balance marked " 25 5 CL Caldwell " no other markings

length is 25 and 5/8 inches end of metal to end of metal

Thanks Dan
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Dan! I believe we can replace this. This looks similar to one of our standard balances, but in truth I think this is an older version of a special kind of balance. The key giveaway here is your length, which ends on the 5/8".

We can custom make this newer type of balance for you. Before we begin, can you just tell me how many you need?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)