window balance

A home owner from Arnold, Maryland says:
My window is 22 years old and had become unbalanced on the right side. There is a string with a clip hanging out of the bottom of the balance. How do I put that back and where does it go?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It would depend on what kind of balance you have. Can you show me a picture of the issue you're having? That would help us come up with a solution.
A quick learner from arnold maryland says:
Tom, I am sorry but I do not now how to use this computer to show the picture of the balance. However it is a 30 Caldwell if that is of any help.I do thank you and your company for the wonderful instructions that you have put on your web. I will try to remove it and have someone take the picture to send.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hmm... that stamp doesn't tell me exactly what you have, but it makes me think it's a channel balance. I recommend that you look at our Channel Balance Home Page and follow the steps in order to find the Series that best matches what you have.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)