window balance for tilting window

A quick learner says:
Hi Do you have this window balance for tilting window
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3354.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 26-5
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I am sure we can help you with a replacement balance. To begin, we would need for you to remove the balance completely from the window and send photos showing the complete balance. If you could also provide the length measurements, that would be extremely helpful. 

A quick learner says:
Hi Does this help?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 58085086531__95D72A58-09D9-48CB-B816-5253B60590CD
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 58085082320__9595CD73-1DD7-46D2-A16C-206BABC2B39E
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3355 (2).jpg
Profile picture of Paul

Hmm...this balance looks like there may have been some sort of bottom shoe attachment. It may have fallen out over time. If possible, please remove a complete balance from an identical window in your home. Once we see the complete part, I am sure we can find what you need. 

Profile picture of Paul

I am afraid none of these pictures are helpful in locating the replacement balance you need. Once you are able to remove the entire balance from the window, including the bottom shoe attachment, get back to us with those photos and we will do all we can to search for a replacement. Thank you.

A quick learner says:
Hi I did not have a screwdriver to remove the piece that was not broken but I did take some more pictures. Also, the window measurements are roughly 61 by 35.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3453.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3454.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3455.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3456.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3457.jpg
A quick learner says:
Hi Here are some follow up pictures
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3564.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3565.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3566.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3567.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3568.jpg
Profile picture of Paul

Ah, there it is. Your balance looks very close to our Series 795. Look it over and see if you agree. I am not 100% sure on which tilt latch can work in place of your existing one. Start off with taking a look at our 26-243 and 26-244 latches. See if the measurements match up with yours. If not, get back to us with the measurements you are looking for and we will continue to search for other options. 

Profile picture of Paul

Have you taken a look at the Series 795 that we recommended to you in the last response we sent to you? If not, I would start there. We really can't get a good look at your measuring tape to see the length you need, but take a look at the Series 795 and see if that looks like a match.

Profile picture of Paul

Ok. Take a look at the S795-27 and see what you think.

A quick learner says:
Which one should I order. Also, I need for two windows.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3607.jpg
A quick learner says:
It measures 27 inches
A quick learner says:
That looks correct to me but what do all the A, B, C mean?
Profile picture of Paul

Take a look at the sash weight chart below the product description. Based off the weight of your sash will determine which letter you will choose to pick the most appropriate option. Usually your balance should have one of these options stamped on it. If it does not, you will need to remove your sash and weigh it on a scale. From there you will refer back to the chart and decide on the most accurate stamp based on the weight of your sash. 

Stamp Option Sash Weight Range

A 6 to 11 lbs

B 11 to 17 lbs

C 17 to 22 lbs

D 22 to 26 lbs

E 26 to 30 lbs

F 30 to 34 lbs

G 34 to 38 lbs

H 38 to 42 lbs

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.