window parts

A home owner from USA says:
Hello,

I have pacesetter tilt windows and I need to replace the spring inside a few of the channels.

I used your online process but none of the series channels match the one I have,

The channel I have are plain and 20 inches in length. Stamped in the channel is 1940 J the spring in the channel is 6 inches long.

Attached are four pictures, close up of interior of the channel, a pic of the entire channel and a close up of the where the channel hooks to at the pivot bar.

on your website at part # 26-109 and the following link, is a channel that looks similar to mine, is series 785 which maybe discontinued.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello! This is a special type of balance, which will have to be custom made. Before we can begin, can you just tell me how many you need? Keep in mind these have a minimum purchase quantity of 2.
A home owner from USA says:
Hello, Tom

The only thing that is broke with mine are the springs, can I just buy the spring?

I would need 2 of them. How much would they cost? do you need any more pics or measurements from me to build them?
Thank you
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid the spring cannot be repaired or replaced. You'll need an all new balance. I will email you a custom order link for 2 right now, which includes a price quote. The information you provided is perfect; these aren't all that uncommon.

Also keep in mind that our 15-105 and 15-056 are sold separately.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at help@swisco.com.