window sash replacement, hardware

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi Ed, 

Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately we do not sell window sashes but we do sell window hardware so if you could possibly be more specific about what hardware you need we should be able to help you get those parts replaced.

A quick learner from Hillsborough, NC says:
Hello, I am looking to replace the sashes on some of my Simonton windows. I also have some where the hardware on each side has corroded and that needs to be replaced.

Can I purchase sash and hardware from you?

Thanks,
Ed Atkinson
919 480 9696
Profile picture of Tom

Window balances are standard and to figure out exactly what you need, we will need some more information. 

One of the best ways for us to get this information, or at least narrow down the replacement options, would be for you to take the balances out of the windows and send us pictures.

If you could do this for us, that would be a great help in getting you new hardware.

thanks for the reply, I believe I need the balance hardware. the contraption on each that keeps the window from falling down.

is that a standard thing or unique to Simonton?

do I need measurements or the model of the window?

Ed
Makes sense, thank you!
Below are pictures of the hardware I need to replace. I will need this for maybe 10 - 15 windows.

Thank you your help!

Ed Atkinson
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_20190323_142506.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_20190323_142520.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_20190323_142552.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_20190323_142610.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! Looks like a pivot shoe and a spiral balance. Is the pivot shoe the only thing that's broken? If so, see our 15-047 to start out. Carefully compare our dimensions to yours to see if it matches up.

If you do need a new spiral balance, then it will be either the Series 900 or Series 600 depending on the diameter of the tube. Once again, you'll have to take yours out and measure it to confirm the best option.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.