window security tab

A home owner from New York says:
The piece shown in the photo is from an Atrium double-hung window, about 11 years old. It is the plastic tab that, when extended, prevents the lower part of the window from being raised more than a couple of inches. The entire piece, including the frame that holds the tab and spring, is (approximately) 2"h x 3/8"w.

I would show you what it looks like removed, too, but can't figure out how to remove one without destroying it completely. (Any advice on that would be appreciated.)

If you can identify this part, I would buy a bunch of them.
User submitted a photo of a vent lock.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I think you should consider either our 26-122 or 26-219. See if either of these could work as a replacement.

This type of hardware cannot be removed without destroying it, unfortunately. Even after that, though, you should still be able to see what it may have looked like on the inside.
A quick learner says:
It look more like 26-122. I will try to pry a broken one out to be sure. It looks as if the new one will just snap into place. If it does not fit, can they be returned?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sure, check out our Return Policy for more information.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)