wool pile weatherstripping

A home owner from Coonecticut says:
I have (12) CertainTeed Certaweld Double Hung vinyl windows that were installed in 1994. I need to replace the wool pile weatherstripping on the top of the screen, as well as the wool pile on the top of the window.

The window screen is molded at the factory and does not come apart to remove the wool pile. I went to several window shops and one recommended I contact you. Do you have any suggestions?

It appears as the wool pile is around 5/16" high x 1/8" wide. Would I be able to purchase small samples of 58-179, 58-126 and 58-014, or any other wool pile you recommend to see which best matches the wool pile?

The first picture is my screen wool pile, and the second picture is the upper window sash wool pile, located on the bottom of the upper sash, and is also approximately 1/8" wide x 5/16" high.
User submitted a photo of wool pile.
User submitted a photo of wool pile.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
If your existing pile cannot be removed, or if you can't find anything with the same dimensions, you might want to just use a stick on type pile like our 58-026. This has an adhesive backing that can stick right to the frame itself. This could be the easiest solutionf or you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)