26-420

A handy person from Western Florida says:
I need both the left and right Slim Top Tilt Latch. I tried model 26-390 and 26-391, but they are both 1/2 too long. Any suggestions?
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to look into this for you but we would need to see photos of an undamaged tile latch removed from one of your windows to compare to our inventory. Written-out dimensions of your original latch will also help us narrow down your replacement options. See the video below to assist you through the process. Thank you! 

Hopefully these photos will help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3685.JPEG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3689.JPEG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3687.JPEG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3700.JPEG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3692.JPEG
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. We don't carry an exact match for your tilt latches but it does remind me of the 26-464 latch set. We can't make out accurate dimensions from photos but take a look at the specifications from our product page below. If you notice any discrepancies, get back to us with your exact measurements written out and we can go from there. You can also find our return policy here if you'd like to send back the latches you already purchased. 

DImensions for 26-464
DImensions for 26-464

Alternate view of 26-464
Alternate view of 26-464

Please let me know if you need anything else.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3686 with Measurements.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3688 with measurements.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3697 with measurements.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, we were unable to locate an exact match for the tilt latches shown in your photos. Our 26-442 measurements appear to match yours but our top tilt is screwed onto the sash, where yours snaps in. 

I'm sorry that we won't be able to offer a closer match but please let us know if you have any other hardware questions. Thanks for posting. 

Dimensions for 26-442
Dimensions for 26-442

Dimensions for 26-442
Dimensions for 26-442

Reverse side of 26-442 showing screw hole.
Reverse side of 26-442 showing screw hole.

Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.