82-008K

A quick learner from USA says:

I ordered your part no. 82-008K (order no. 2102832) to replace two sliding glass door locks (pictured above with the "working side" of the 82-008K)..

Since they lock/unlock in different directions, they do not fit as the slot cut in the edge of the door for the keeper is in the wrong place.

Can you suggest an alternative that will work for us without having to cut a new slot in the doors?

Thank you!

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230705_190443.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230705_190434.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble. it sounds like you may want our 82-002K, instead. This is a similar design to the 82-008K but has the latch in the lower most position, rather than being more toward the middle.

For the 82-008K that you already purchased, you can see our return policy here.

A quick learner from USA says:
Thank you for your response.
I see that the 82-002K has a black finish.
Is there a version with a metallic finish?
Best,
Alex Sluzas
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid not. This style handle is not as popular as it once was and color options for each configuration are unfortunately limited. At this time, the 82-002K is only made in black these days.

How to install the 82-002K sliding door handle key plug
How to install the 82-002K sliding door handle key plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.