Additional weatherstripping

A quick learner from indiana says:
I have sunrise double hung tilted in windows with two layers of pile weatherstripping that are letting in a lot of breeze and a lot of tiny bugs so I need additional weatherstripping. The thickness seems to be somewhere between 1/8 to 1/16 of an inch and I can't find a product like that and sunrise sent me to you. What would you recommend?
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

You're welcome to look through our selection of wool pile weatherstripping here. To determine if we could supply a match for your seal, we would need to confirm the exact width of the backing used for installation and the pile height needed to fill the gap in the door. Thank you! 

Sorry, tried to followup by email. I need a non-pile solution. The pile lets through wind and bugs. I likely need a foam weather stripping.

Yesterday I tried 1/16th of an inch foam and it was too thin. Putting two layers of that on at 1/8th is pretty snug, maybe too snug. Before I had tried 1/10th inch rubber and the window wouldn't close. So I likely need a 1/8th - 1/10th inch foam or similar product. About 1/2 inch wide is a good size.

Thanks.
Profile picture of Casey

Unforutnately, we can only recommend a replacement based on the original weatherstripping. We would have no way of knowing if a different style could work in it's place or what modifications may be required to do so. With that being said, you're welcome to look through our selection of weatherstripping here to see if you'd want to try our any of our bubble seal. 

Keep in mind that wool pile is generally used on the sides of the window since it will hole up to the friction better than plastic or foam seals, which is one of the reasons we recommend using exact replacements when possible. 

Thank you. I had looked through before and could not find a product, however the manufacturer said you had what I needed.
Profile picture of Casey

I'm sorry that you were misled. I'm honestly not sure why the manufacturer would tell you that we have what you need if you're open to different kinds of weatherstripping. Since our company specializes in locating direct replacements for original window and door parts, what you're trying to achieve would be a bit out of our wheelhouse. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.