Awning operator

A quick learner from Fort Myers Beach Florida says:
I can't seem to locate a match for this. The arm is 2 1/2 " Shoulder bolt is 5/16 - 18 thread. I don't see many that have a 2 1/2" arm that is configured the same. Home they are in was built in 1989. Any ideas? Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Crank installed
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Installation holes
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Base arm
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Crank arms
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

The awning crank shown in your photos reminds me of the 39-054 or 39-056 at first glance. Both options have the same 5/16"- 18 thread hole in the link arm. The determining factor would be how the rest of the measurements shown below compare to yours. Take a look and let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you! 

Dimensions for 39-054
Dimensions for 39-054

Dimensions for 39-056
Dimensions for 39-056

Thank you. It seems all measurements on the 39-054 are accurate with the exception of the arm length. The 39-054 shows an arm length at 2-3/16". My arm length is 2-1/2". Can it still work even though the arm on the 39-054 is 5/16" shorter? All other measurements are accurate. Keep in mind that the arm is not exactly straight. I had originally ordered the 39-025 but the arm ended up being on the wrong side of the bracket it attaches to. The 39-054 you suggest seems to be correct accept for arm length.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Link arm
Profile picture of Casey

The length of the link arm is not necessarily a deal breaker since there is a good amount of play in the gears of these crank operators. As long as the rest of the specifications match up to yours, this may still work for your application. If you decide to give it a try and run into any problems, our return policy can be found here

Thank you. I did order the 39-054 the other day just in case. I should have it this week. I'll let you know how we did. They don't come in white though. We have modernized the house and the silver just doesn't work. Guess I'll try painting them.
Profile picture of Casey

Unfortunately, these older-style crank operators are not available in many color options but past customers have painted our parts to match their original hardware. With that being said, make sure to test it and ensure that it functions properly since modified parts cannot be returned. 

Is there a left hand crank the same as 39-054?
Profile picture of Casey

Unforutnately, the opposite-handed version of the 39-054 has been discontinued and is no longer available. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.