Channel top order request

A quick learner from USA says:

Swisco Customer Service,

Regarding previously received my order, you correctly sent me (2) parts, #: S-350-32.

I now need the following channel balance top. I could not locate this part on the website.

This part is 1.5" long, and 5/8" wide.

Thank you,

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Front SG1.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Back SG1.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Side SG1.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Thanks for reaching out to us. This part is called a "top sash guide." These keep the balance in the sash during general operation and prevent it from shooting up into the track by its own tension.

The bad news is that I don't think your exact model is made anymore. Just looking at its design I think it might be the old Milgard brand guide, which is obsolete. Is that name at all familiar to you? Can you verify if you have a Milgard window?

Assuming I'm right, then you could conceivably use our 18-009 as a replacement. The catch is that you have to trim the top edge off with a utility knife so that it fits in the space available in your window. Just note that any product altered in this way cannot be returned for a refund. See our return policy here for more information. I'll also share the 18-009's specs so you can review it for yourself.

Detail of 18-009
Detail of 18-009

Side view of 18-009
Side view of 18-009

A quick learner from USA says:
I have now ordered this part, multiple pieces,so that in the event my first trimming fails to replicate the shape of original, I can try again. I have one functioning original as a template to copy. House came with these windows and see no Milgard sticker. Thank you for your research and help.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

You're very welcome. Thank you so much for the order and please let me know how it works out, or if you had any follow-up questions. We're always here to help!

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.